To-Do list overwhelming you?
This customizable tool assists you in the 3 most critical parts of any to-do list:
(1) What needs to be done?
(2) What/Who are the resources that can be employed to accomplish it?
(3) How ready are you to hand over the reins to those resources?
To use this tool:
(1) Break down each task into the smallest detail possible. For example: If the task is: Vacation, your “Task List” will have each detail listed starting with travel planning right down to checking the stove before leaving.
(2) Each broken down task should have a corresponding person or thing that can help get the task accomplished in the “Resources” column.
(3) The “Readiness to Release” column is a self-assessment. Using the scale provided, find out how comfortable you are to hand over the reins of the task to the resource listed. If you find yourself at the lower end of the scale (1-3), what can you do to move up the scale (4-5) until you are not only comfortable but excited about the task being taken off your hands.